Happy Belated Birthday, Marilyn Monroe!
Anyone who has ever entered into my bedroom is aware of my obsession with 3 things: Paris, Adam Levine and Marilyn Monroe. Monroe was such a beautiful soul and was taken away from this Earth far too early. Monroe was born on June 1, 1926 and produced some of the most iconic films in the industry including Some Like it Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and The Seven Year Itch until she passed away at a very young age on August 5, 1962.
Monroe was daring, breathtakingly beautiful and wasn’t afraid to bend the rules a little when it came to gender stereotypes. Every girl wanted to be her and every man wanted to be inside her. She was the sex symbol of the 1950s and it was because of her and other notable women’s ability to stretch those gender boundaries that women are able to be as sexually expressive as they please in today’s society.
In remembrance of such an idol on her (belated) birthday, I compiled a list of her top 5 most beautiful looks over the years.
1. In “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes,” Monroe was a knock out with co-star, Jane Russell, as they sang their way into the hearts of every man in Paris.
2. In “Some Like it Hot,” Marilyn sings a love song in the hotel lounge on top of a grand piano in this stunning black beaded beauty.
3. Probably her most widely known dress was from the “Seven Year Itch,” where she stood over a manhole and accidentally almost showed her hole to everyone around.
4. Another very well-known outfit worn by the beautiful Monroe was when she sang Happy Birthday to President Kennedy in Madison Square Garden.
5. We all know that Monroe’s best outfit was her birthday suit as seen in Playboy’s 1953 edition, but she was also in a lot of artistic scenes in her movies as well. This is a still shot from “Something’s Got to Give.”