Want to Work for PFF? Become a Fashion Blogging Intern Today!
Have you ever had the dream of becoming a famous fashion or beauty blogger? Do your friends constantly praise you for the unique pieces in your closet or your knack for choosing the right shade of lipstick? Are you keen on the significance of social media and how to use outlets such as WordPress, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Facebook?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above, I’ve got a position on my team for you. I’m looking for an intern (male or female) that is passionate about fashion, beauty, health and fitness or topics of similarity to join the team at PFF.
DoYouHavethePFF is a successful fashion, health and beauty blog that I created in May of 2013 with young adults like you in mind. We provide our readers with daily useful and entertaining content such as “Fashion Designer of the Week,” “Trend of the Day,” “10 Stages of Falling in Love,” “Best Dressed of the Week,” “How You Can Get Her Look,” and much, much more. We have just recently expanded our reach to thousands of readers worldwide and we are now looking to expand our reach even further with the addition of a new contributor. I, Leslie Cole, am currently the Senior Editor and my colleague, Ashley Mondesir, is the Co-Editor and we are looking for one particular capable individual to complete our team.
What the Position Entails:
- You will write about one specific topic and create a series of posts related to that particular topic each week.
- The topic is up to you, but you must come up with at least 5 topics you are passionate about and send them to Ashley and I to mull over. We will decide which of the topics you provided us with will most benefit the company and you will write pieces that relate to the topic we choose out of your list.
- You will be required to write 2 articles every week for a span of 6 weeks about the topic we decided on together.
- The perfect candidate will not only have talents in writing, but will also have a good grasp on how to navigate through social media, because you will be required to share every article you post to our site with your followers on each of your social media outlets.
- In addition to sharing your own personal posts, you will be required to share DoYouHavethePFF on your social media outlets as well to expand our reach even further.
- You will be required to attend weekly production calendar meetings to discuss upcoming posts and important current and future steps we will be taking to further build the company. If you are going to be a remote employee, however, and cannot attend these meetings in person, we will make arrangements through Skype to meet instead.
- You will be required to submit every post to the Co-Editor, Ashley Mondesir for revision, which will then be sent to me for the final edit before publishing.
- Since this is a serious business, there are time constraints. You will be required to submit one of your two posts every Wednesday and the other of the two, every Friday. There will be no exceptions to this rule, but I’m open to suggestions if you believe another day would be more beneficial.
- You will be required to email a pitch of your ideas to Ashley every Sunday night before 11:59 PM, no exceptions. Your pitch emails should consists of the desired title of the article, a very short summary of what the article will be about, and another paragraph or so of why my readers would be interested in the article you have chosen to write about.
This internship is unpaid, but the benefits of applying are tremendous. If chosen, you will:
- Have the opportunity to publish content for hundreds of thousands of viewers around the globe.
- Build your resume and create a name for yourself in the fashion blogging industry.
- Grow as a writer through our unique editing process.
- Receive a letter of recommendation at the completion of your 6 week program from both Ashley and I to pass on to future employers.
- If, after the 6 weeks are up, Ashley and I decide you’ve got what it takes to be a part of this team full time, you will be asked to be a PFF Contributor.
If all of this sounds appealing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- Your resume
- A cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great asset to my team
- At least 2 separate writing samples
- Links to any websites or social media outlets you own
- A photo of yourself to use for our Contributors page
Big things are happening to this company and we look forward to bringing another capable person into the mix.